I can’t believe it’s been over a month since I last blogged! Just a few days after my last post, everything spun out of control when my baby boy BROKE my nose!! We took the whole week off from everything because of the headache and pain in my face that I thought would never leave. It all went downhill from there. We struggled to just get the basics done, and then all of a sudden it was the week of Thanksgiving. That whole week was spent cooking and baking.
Finally we are back on track…..I think.
Here are a few of our activities from the past couple of weeks.
- A visit to a local Christmas tree farm where we were allowed to roam the fields and then learned how to make beautiful wreaths.
- Christmas caroling through a historic downtown city.
- baking, baking, baking Christmas cookies.
- crafting, crafting, crafting.
- beautiful Advent paper chain with fun activities on each link for each day.
And in the middle of all the fun, we are managing to get quite a bit of school work completed. We may even recover from our unexpected break before Christmas! Regardless, we will only be taking Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and the weekend off from school work. Breaks just don’t work well for us. We need to stay on track and keep moving along. Since we are getting in plenty of crafting and baking fun, as well as many fun Christmas books, I don’t think the boys will mind.
We will spend next week getting caught up on all of our history and science activities/drawings. It seems we are always getting behind with those.
Below are some pictures of our activities. Enjoy!