Hey y’all! When I restarted my blog, I didn’t expect to get bronchitis and pneumonia the next week! I’ve been basically living on my couch for the last two weeks. It hasn’t been fun at all. I don’t recommend it. Ha!
Seriously, today was the first day that I didn’t feel like I would pass out simply from walking around my house. I was determined to get off the couch and out of the house so….I went grocery shopping. No plan. No list. I just wanted out and we needed food.
I really wanted to make a few extra stops but decided to keep it simple by going to Wal-mart and Aldi. Since I didn’t have a grocery list, I wandered the isles aimlessly…buying more than I know I should have. It felt good to be out of the house, though, and I know I’ll eventually use all of the things I purchased.
I had originally planned to make a video of my grocery haul but my voice sounds terrible because of all the coughing….and then there’s all the coughing. It isn’t pretty. Trust me.
Below are pics of my Aldi and Walmart hauls, as well as a quick stop at our local feed store for local honey.
First Aldi pic (from left to right, top to bottom):
- Two boxes of Fun Dip valentines for my boys ($1 cheaper than Walmart)
- cereal for the boys
- three packages Yakisoba noodles
- can of biscuits
- unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- skim milk
- two loaves of bread
- hummus (my lunch)
- two bags of shredded cheese
- cheddar brats (my lunch)
- two beef smoked sausages
- one chicken pot pie (lunch)
- buffalo style chicken wings (boys’ lunch)
- honey bbq chicken wings (boys’ lunch)
- turkey sandwich meat (boys’ lunch)
- pizza rolls (boys’ lunch)
- pork sausage
2nd Aldi pic (left to right, top to bottom):
- cheese curls
- fudge mint cookies
- iced oatmeal cookies
- Kettle chips
- chocolate chip cookies
Not pictured: one pepperoni take and bake pizza and one buffalo chicken take and bake pizza
Aldi total after tax: $90.52 for 38 items
Walmart pic (left to right, top to bottom)
- three diet Dr Pepper 2 liters (my guilty pleasure)
- one root beer (boys’ weekend drink of choice)
- one diet Mt Dew (the hubs weekend drink)
- stain remover (blue bottle)
- four pack of tissue paper
- one can of white semi-gloss paint (prepping the house to sell!!)
- Drano (ugh! a pipe is clogged somewhere between the laundry and kitchen sink)
- CLR bathroom cleaner
- hot chocolate k-cups for the boys
- Spic-n-Span kitchen cleaner
- three cans of dog food for the inside doggie
- Xbox 360 controller (purchased with my youngest’s Christmas money because he broke one of the controllers last month)
- two new-to-us seasonings Twisted Q brand-bent burger and magic mojo
- two jars of almond butter
- Hidden Valley ranch dip packet
- Air Wick scented oil set
2nd Walmart pic (left to right, top to bottom)
- 32 count hamburger patties
- fresh chicken breasts
- spray mop (GREAT VALUE!!)
Walmart total after tax: $157.09 for 27 items
This isn’t a typical haul from Walmart. Usually I don’t spend as much but we needed several cleaning supplies and we picked up a few things that we won’t need to purchase again like the paint and controller.
Local feed store pic of honey $15.05
Unfortunately, I have a couple more things I need to buy. This is what happens when I don’t have a list! Ha! I still need some hamburger buns for the boys, a new can opener, and tortillas. I’ll pick those up tomorrow when I drop off our Redbox movie at Walmart.
So the meal plan! I list these on days but they aren’t set in stone. Sometimes it makes more sense to switch meals when our plans change or depending on how our day goes. A rough day calls for an easy dinner. This week’s meal plan is super simple….because I didn’t meal plan before shopping so I bought mostly for easy peasy meals. Also I plan Friday through Thursday each week.
- Friday: pizza (Aldi take and bakes for the kids….tomato and onion on a cauli crust for the hubs and me)
- Saturday: hamburgers
- Sunday: dinner at the inlaws
- Monday: grilled chicken and sausage
- Tuesday: tacos
- Wednesday: baked salmon for the hubs and me….tilapia for the boys
- Thursday: buffalo chicken casserole
I didn’t plan sides this time but I have several options that weren’t used this week. We’ll use venison (thanks to the hubs!!) for the tacos and I already have the fish in the freezer.
Whew…that’s it!! I hope I’m feeling better next week so I can just make a video….so much easier than typing all this out.
Hope y’all have a great weekend! See you next time!